Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ta-Da!

I recently recovered my sewing chair! I am so happy with the result. I guess I should say I "slipcovered" the chair. Here's the Before:


 And the After:
Now I am attempting to reupholster my mom's wingback chairs that she gave me. That has become an all-consuming project. It took me weeks just to get the fabric off of the chair. 
Now is the fun part! I'm so excited to see the transformation.  


Remember when I told you about Kate's gate that she gave me? Well here it is in all it's glory. It is one of my favorite things in my house. It came to my all the way from California! I am so happy to be blessed with such an awesome piece! And an awesome friend. Thanks Katie Bug!
 


 

My style is swiftly becoming that of a barn hick. I do realize this. Look, I even have an old gun on the armoire.


And here is the lovely, darling, sweet, precious Kate with her Navy man, David. (is that a run-on sentence?)


And now, if you thought I was a brat before, now you really will. Happy Birthday to me! This is my birthday present from Moo! (5 months early). I found this baby on Craigslist. This is only half of the settee, of course. It is amazing. I can't wait to put some fun fabric on her!!!! THANKS MOO!


Well that's it for now. I get to spend the day with this doll baby!

2 comments:

  1. Les! It's so VERY pretty! I love the fabric. I can't believe all that you do with two little ones around. How do you get all this done? Can't wait to see what you do with the wing backs! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm impressed!! I wanna go re-do old furniture now!!

    ReplyDelete