Friday, February 10, 2012

MJ Wuz Here

 MJ wuz here. No, not Michael Jackson. Better than that! Mama Joe, my grandma. This Christmas was the first Christmas we have EVER had family in our house for Christmas! It was so much fun. My mom, Dad, and Mama Joe came in for the weekend. 
Whenever Mama Joe comes to town I get her to re-decorate a room in my house. She is amazingly talented. Here are some pics of a little bedroom update that she orchestrated while she was here. 
First, here is a before....YIKES!



First of all she brought me this FABULOUS black velvet chair. Oohlala! 






















She also bought my these rad lamps to match the duvet that Moo got me for Christmas. Both found at TJ Max.


Next she moved this chest of drawers out of the living room and into my room. 
 I mourned it at first, but now I love having all of our clothes actually in our room. I'm sure the neighbors do too.



I found these bird thingys at a garage sale down the street. I think I paid a dollar for them. Real feathers and all! I love them. Do they creep you out?
PS. Have ya'll watched Portlandia? Hilarious. They have the funniest episode called "Put a Bird On It." Check it out here. You WILL thank me. 




This is my favorite part of the room. Moo got this little baby at West Elm.  What a cutie.


As always when Mama Joe comes she cleans. She told me that it was "no wonder that Tyler has a cough." There must have been a lot of dust bunnies....oops. I told her that Aevyn dusted that week. I'm not sure she bought it.  She cleaned up my dresser to which she asked me if I "like clutter." To which I answered. YES.
Ps. Did you have a dresser like this growing up? I didn't, but lots of people tell me they did. This baby was 30.00 at Goodwill. I love her. 



Well, that about sums it up.  I love this room now. It is such a diversion from the pattern and color that is the rest of my house. And the...clutter.
I will have to post my living room redo that she did while she was here very soon. (Like in a few months....)
Thanks Mama Joe! I can't wait for you to come back to seeeee meee! 

1 comment:

  1. I need Mama Joe too! She is very talented as is clear when you see her house! I'm so glad you guys have that relationship that she can come into your house and help you with a house that is already so cute! Go Mama Joe!

    ReplyDelete