Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rosette Necklace

So, you may be thinking that you have seen a hundred tutorials on how to make the "Anthropologie Knock-Off Necklace." If so, just skip right over;) If not, YAY!  I have been wanting to make one. I had a ton of scrap fabric, so I decided to give it a try. Here we go:

Phase 1: I made a fabric rosette using this tutorial from JonesDesignCompany. I realize her tutorial is much more beautiful. I also realize she probably thinks things through before she does them...

First Step: Cut a strip of fabric about  2 inches wide and about 1 1/2 feet long. 


 Second Step:  Fold the strip in half, like so:


Third Step: Roll the end of the rosette into a ball at the end of the strip forming the center of the flower.

 

 Fourth Step: Twist and roll the fabric around the center, applying glue every now and then.


 Fifth Step: Leave a bit of fabric at the end of the rosette and glue around the back of the flower.

Make 3-4 rosettes, depending on how many you want on your necklace. Pretty soon you will end up with these! 




















Lastly,  cut and glue a circle of fabric onto the back of the rosette to make a backing. 

Phase 2: Placing the rosettes on the necklace. (I failed to take pics of these next few steps)
Start by arranging the rosettes in the order that you want them to appear on the necklace.  
Now you are ready to start applying the rosettes to a necklace chain. I bought mine from Hobby Lobby.

Step 1: Lay the chain across the back of the rosette and apply glue. 
Step 2: Cover the glue with another circle of fabric therefore sealing in the chain and YOU'RE DONE!

Drumroll please....... 





















Happy Necklace Making!

PS. Tyler proof-read this post before I posted it. I am not so good at the process of things. (details...bleh) He let me know that he has "personally banned" emoticons. (ie. smiley faces, sad faces, etc.) He said that it means that you can't properly express yourself. He then proceeded to try and rid my post of all such tomfoolery. 

2 comments:

  1. So cute Leslianne!! Very creative and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed. I wish that I was that talented, but alas I am not. :) (just for Tyler)

    ReplyDelete