Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall-ish


"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms"
~ You've Got Mail

It's that time of year again. You know, the time of year that you pull out You've Got Mail and watch it for the 10000th time. The windows are all open, your cinnamon candle wick blowing in the breeze, the scent of pumpkin bread baking in the afternoon, your kids coming in after being outside for 5 minutes because it is so hot. WHAT!? 

Don't picture hottest day of the year, picture the next to the hottest day of the year. That's what we're dealing with here. But hey, look up! Apparently there is a hurricane coming and it's going to bring cooler weather. Ummmm....
Anywho, I did finally put out some fall decor to go with my pumpkin bread and cinnamon candles.
 First off is my fall wreath. I am kinda embarrassed to blog about this when my dear friend, Amy Barnum, is the most AHHH-MAZING wreath maker. Like ever. But I saw these amazingly cute wreaths at (ahem..) Silver Dollar City this summer. 


Isn't it cute?  I wanted to try and recreate it. 
Enter grapevine wreath and a bunch of flowers from Hobby Lobby:





 The sad thing is that I really wanted this wreath to have the large metal flower in the center. I can't seem to find any stand alone flowers. Does anyone know where you can get them? I can only find them attached to other elements. What I did find was a metal flower birdhouse from Hobby Lobby which I painted. I think it turned out cute. I'd like it to be ginormous and over-the-top. Shocking, I know. Here she is:


And here is the rest of the front porch:


On the other side of the porch are my summer flower pots. Cause ya'll know it's still summer here. 


 The back door. I love some sunflowers. Sorry, E. I especially like the 9 feet tall ones at HL. I want some of those fun thangs.


Some punk'ins:


 Look at this cute little guy. I've had him since we were first married. I always think it's his last fall, but then I can't let him go. Just look at those cheeks. 




Speaking of cheeks, here are some yummy faces:



I just love this next project! It was so easy. I have had an old window from another project that I haven't known what to do with. UNTIL, I saw this amazing chalkboard/window/calendar and had to recreate it. Ya'll know I am a big copy cat. Just a little chalkboard paint, and some wood tiles and you too can have a 6 day calendar! Oops! Oh well, the 7th day is the Sabbath anyhow. Another idea would be to use Scrabble tiles. I wanted to use Scrabble tiles, but couldn't find any;( I think you can order them, but I'm not that patient.






Cute!


Now maybe I won't forget Aevyn's school projects anymore:///
Happy FALL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to watch You've Got Mail around this time of year too! I still have dreams of working in Kathleen Kelly's bookstore with the twinkly lights.

    ReplyDelete